Tuesday, May 3, 2016

My Philippians 2:6-11

Sometimes it just happens that we are struck by inspiration--touched by the divine and all of a sudden the 'poet' in us emerge. We were praying vespers last Saturday and when we reached the third canticle--Philippians 2: 6-11, I just got so distracted that I had to take a pen and paper and write down some of the lines I am posting here now. I don't know if it makes any sense but let me share it just the same.

This is my personal version of Philippians 2:6-11.

Oh what great love that satisfies;
divine and pure, the love of Christ.
Godly state he sacrificed;
our sinful ways he paid the price.

He chose to dwell and live as man;
lower than the lowliest one.
And unto death a faithful Son;
his cross, his death--salvation won.

We praise your name Oh Jesus Lord,
to whom God's glory is bestowed.
We bend our knees; we bow our head,
we proclaim your love until the end.

Oh what great love that purifies;
divine and deep, the love of Christ,
throughout our life your name we praise
until with you Oh Lord we rise. Amen.

Not a big accomplishment though... but even for this I am grateful. Truly the Lord surprises us in a lot of wonderful ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment